5.25.2010

Regardez: Multitasking Minimalist

Being that I have a background in the arts I have a special appreciation for the myriad of forms in which art can be found. I especially enjoy Minimalism,The idea that something is stripped down to the most fundamental features really appeals to me. Well when it comes to computers in my case the Macbook (nevermind the select few who use the iPad) it does not get more fundamental than the mouse tracking pad. It's probably the one thing on my computer that I think the least about. Well Moscow designer Anatoly Zenkov created IOGraph to brighten up the routine work that generally happens on our computers formerly known as MousePath. IOGraph is an application that turns mouse movements into a modern art. The idea is that you just run it and do your usual day stuff at the computer. Go back to IOGraph after a while and grab a nice picture of what you’ve done!
It’s really simple. «I» stands for input, «O» stands for output. And «Graph» comes from Greek “γραφικoς” which means drawing or painting. And there you are — IOGraph made by IOGraphica.

Check mine out. This was generated during a two hour web-surfing session. The big black orbs happen when you leave the mouse in a spot for a length of time and the lines show the mouse path.

No comments: