3.14.2010

Regardez: Louis Vuitton Hiver 2010


Last seasons 16 year old Vuitton girl turned 36 over the course of mere months. Marc Jacobs offered the definitive word on the last day of Paris Fashion week. To the tune of 1950’s cinematic music Marc returned to realism back the bosom and hips. The presentation was an exuberant celebration of woman. A few, shall I say familiar faces slinked around the jardin fountain, in the seasons square-toed, block-heeled pumps trimmed with flat bows. Luxury was found in the details, the shoes, the bags, the gloves and the coats, Oh the coats took me to a realm inhabited by Bridget Bardot and Hitchcock sirens. Trimmings exemplified the Vuitton knack for classy detail, as in fur buttons and collars and glittery heels. This Louis Vuitton show provided a charming backdrop to display the bags. The Speedy designed in the 1930’s was reinterpreted in fox and in something that resembled those lace embroidered bags form the Spring 2007 Collection. Between me and you I would marry this Vuitton woman, sorry Balmain girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

be still my heart. these silhouettes are what my dreams are made of.