8.10.2009

Fixie Fix.





So I have finally began gathering the parts and pieces to build my bicycle. I was gifted an awesome vintage steel framed free-wheel bicycle from a long time friend, who's interest in cycling rubbed off on me. The world of the Fixed gear has grown by leaps and bounds over the past ten years. Once a world inhabited by big city bicycle messengers, you can now spot celebs like Pharrell Williams or the college aged hipster kid elegantly gliding between pedestrians,parked cars and of course moving traffic. The bicycles themselves are a type of art combining function and form. The NY Times recently reported on the growing trend in an peiece titled "A Meeting of Dervishes with Fixed Gears". But I digress, last week I received my B67 Brook Saddle in the mail so my bike will have a touch charm with and otherwise minimal apperance.

No comments: